I had a stable Google home configured. The setup had existing connection to various hardware providers. I also had a home already setup, with rooms, and device bindings.
Problem: My Google home setup started crashing on routine management. Trying to manage existing routines, or adding a new routine, would crash Google home. I tried everything like removing other integrations, etc., but nothing worked. Removing homeassistant account would fix the problem. But reconnecting it would make Google home routines crash again.
Solution: Someone suggested I use a different Google account – > Google home, to connect with homeassistant. That solved the problem.
Then I went back to my original account. Removed all linked IOT provider accounts. Deleted/removed myself, from the existing “home” in the Google home. Reconnected homeassistant. That fixed the problem.